Do you love peanut butter? Great! This recipe is just for you, then.
Crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, these brilliant cookies can be made with crunchy or creamy peanut butter. And for that extra zing, sprinkle lightly crushed salted peanuts on top of the cookie dough before you bake them.
And once you do, hide them! Yes, hide them. Or you’ll finish them all up in a day or two. All fifty of them. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
This recipe is my spin on a classic recipe that’s found all over the Internet. I’ve halved the amount of caster sugar — it tastes sweet enough without the other half, and I’ve increased the peanut butter by 1/4 of a cup — because more peanut butter = more yum.
I’m sure you have the basic baking ingredients with you like baking soda and all-purpose flour. Now, all you need is some peanut butter — you’ll obviously have that since you love peanut butter — and a fork, and then you’re set!
Peanut Butter Cookies
Yields around 50 cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 and 1/4 cups creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (don’t add salt if you’re going to sprinkle lightly crushed salted peanuts on top of the cookies)
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC/375ºF.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butters with the sugars, and beat in the eggs one by one, and add vanilla and mix it until all of the are mixed well.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and beat it in until well combined. You should now have before you a soft dough.
- Roll them into 1-inch balls and place them on a baking sheet.
- Flatten them lightly with a fork, making the classic crisscross patterns (as seen above). Sprinkle lightly crushed salted peanuts on them before you keep them in the oven.
- Bake them for 8-9 minutes. Take them out when you see them browning. Don’t leave them in for 10 minutes even, as they brown and burn easily.