Out of my favourite chocolate cake recipes, this super moist chocolate cake is a sure winner! Light, airy, fluffy and super moist, it is deliciously and devilishly chocolatey. And the best part? It makes a sad day alright, and your heart and stomach sing.
Chocolate cake lovers, you’ve come to the right place. You’re now privy to a splendid super moist chocolate cake recipe, and you’ll be able to make it quickly. Yes, this cake bakes at a higher temperature than its other chocolate cake siblings. Therefore you can take it out of the oven in 30 minutes.
When you combine everything together, you’ll find that the batter is more liquidy than usual. Worry not, this is how it is supposed to be, since you’re going to be adding 3 cups of liquid to 2 cups of flour and 2 cups of sugar. In fact this glorious liquidy batter is easy to beat and incorporate air into.
I’ve adapted this super moist chocolate cake recipe from tasteofhome; I’ve used lesser caster sugar and added brown sugar, as I wanted the chocolate to sing through. Nevertheless if you have a sweet tooth make it 2 cups of caster sugar. I made the Waldorf Astoria icing mentioned in the link above; this cake is moist enough though.
Super Moist Chocolate Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 and 1/4 cups caster sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 162ºC (325ºF).
- Beat the sugars, eggs, oil and vanilla.
- Sift the dry ingredients and add them into this mix a little at a time, beating it in continuously.
- Add the coffee and milk and beat vigorously for 2 minutes.
- Pour the now thin batter into two lightly greased 9- or 8-inch round baking pans.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean.
Notes: After you remove the cake from the oven, let it sit in the pans for about 15 minutes. You’re giving the cake time to get firmer and more full bodied. Then, remove and cool on wire racks. It definitely gets more chocolatey the next day!